Union & 14 Street Water Main Replacement
Bangor Water District
- A total of 4,900 linear feet of water main on Union Street and 14th Street were replaced during this project (the previous water mains were originally installed almost 100 years ago).
- At the start of the project, the service crew hoe-rammed 263 cubic yards of ledge on the top of the hill by Mansfield Park.
- 2,600 linear feet of 16” water main
- 11 16” butterfly valves supplied by the owner
- 470 linear feet of 12” water main
- 1,700 linear feet of 8” water main
- 105 linear feet of 6” water main
- 1,600 linear feet of 1” copper pipe to 59 services (homes and businesses)
- 9 tie-ins at side streets.