Elementary School Sitework
Lewiston Public Schools
- The site work for the elementary school required 28,250 cubic yards of excavation, and 46,700 cubic yards of fill.
The sports field part of the project included construction of three new fields and upgrades to a fourth.
- A new artificial turf field for football, soccer, and lacrosse.
- A second artificial turf field for baseball and field hockey.
- A new rubberized quarter-mile track with a grass multipurpose infield.
- Upgrades to the softball field, which is located on the north side of the Lewiston Colisee on Jefferson Street.
- Site work for the sports fields required 77,000 cubic yards of excavation and 85,000 cubic yards of fill. The crews also placed almost 100,000 cubic yards of aggregates for the project, including granular fill, base and subbase gravels, sand, and stone, along with 10,000 cubic yards of topsoil and 2,600 linear feet of turf field perimeter anchor slipform curbing.