OwnerTown of Oxford
P.O. Box 153
Oxford, ME 04270
Project TypePublic Works
EngineerWoodard & Curran
One Merchants Plaza
Bangor, ME 04401
Start / FinishSeptember 2015 - August 2016
Description / Significance
Sargent Corporation crews installed 17,000 linear feet of force main and gravity sewer lines as part of the Town of Oxford’s new sewer system.
The project required a major dewatering effort in a 1.2 mile long section of Route 26. In this area the water table was 4 feet below grade and the sewer pipe was installed 14 feet below grade. Up to 3 million gallons of water was pumped from the work area each day.
The project also included installation of a pump station consisting of a wet well and a pre-cast valve vault.
The project included:
- 8,000 linear feet of 12″ sewer
- 600 linear feet of 10″ sewer
- 6,000 linear feet of 6″ force main
- 800 linear feet of 6″ sewer services
- 600 linear feet of 8″ sewer services
- 30 4-foot diameter manholes
- 3 5-foot diameter manholes