OwnerMaine Turnpike Authority
2360 Congress Street
Portland, ME 04102
340 County Road, Suite 6C
Westbrook, ME 04092
Start / FinishFebruary 2016 - In progress
Description / Significance
Sargent crews are working on a $4.5 million project to upgrade the toll systems at three Maine Turnpike interchanges serving Biddeford, Saco, and the Portland Jetport. Work on the project began in February 2016 and is scheduled for completion by the end of November 2017.
The project includes:
- Two new on-ramp lanes.
- Upgrading the cash toll systems at all three interchanges.
- Installation of tolling equipment in the utility buildings, canopy, toll booths pits and islands.
- Widening the northbound ramp at Interchange 32.
- Installation of signing and traffic control devices.
The project will require:
- 2,000 tons of pavement
- 750 cubic yards of structural concrete
- 15 tons of epoxy-coated steel rebar
- 23 tons of fiberglass rebar
- 3,000 tons of base and subbase (Type A and Type D) gravel