OwnerMaine Turnpike Authority
2360 Congress Street
Portland, ME 04102
340 County Road, Suite 6C
Westbrook, Maine 04092
Start / FinishNovember 2015 - In progress
Description / Significance
This $3.6 million project will replace the existing toll plaza on the Maine Turnpike’s West Falmouth Interchange 53, including construction of a third on-ramp lane on the north side of the interchange, a new administration building, and a new employee parking lot.
The project started in November of 2015 and is scheduled for completion by November 2017.
Scope of work includes:
- Earthwork, pipe installation and construction of foundation for the new toll administration building.
- Demolition of the old administration building and of each existing toll both and island.
- 400 cubic yards of concrete.
- 15 tons of reinforcing steel.
- 8 tons of fiberglass reinforcing bar.